Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Test if Last Character in Column of Cells is Alpha Character

Just one follow up question. The formula, as Jacob has presented it to you,
will ignore all trailing blank spaces at the end of your text string... is
that acceptable to you?

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Benjamin" wrote in message
YES! that worked so good! Just what I needed. Thanks Jacob!

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

Try the below

Sub Macro()
If Right(Trim(Range("A1")), 1) Like "[A-Za-z]" Then
MsgBox "Alpha"

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria

"Benjamin" wrote:

How do I test if the last character in Column A is a Alpha Character
Sample cell: 0238:H601X or 0238:T0624
the numbers in the cell still will show up as Text format.
How can I do an excel formula or VBA to give me a true/false if the
last
character is an alpha(letter)?