Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jacob Skaria Jacob Skaria is offline

Default Test if Last Character in Column of Cells is Alpha Character

Yes; thereby can avoid the usage of RIGHT(); but hope the OP would want to
ignore any spaces at the end..

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Rick Rothstein" wrote:

An even simpler construction for the test...

Sub Macro()
If Range("A1") Like "*[A-Za-z]" Then
MsgBox "Alpha"

By the way, I removed the TRIM function call because that would mask the
fact that the string ended with something other than an alpha character.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Jacob Skaria" wrote in message
Try the below

Sub Macro()
If Right(Trim(Range("A1")), 1) Like "[A-Za-z]" Then
MsgBox "Alpha"

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria

"Benjamin" wrote:

How do I test if the last character in Column A is a Alpha Character
Sample cell: 0238:H601X or 0238:T0624
the numbers in the cell still will show up as Text format.
How can I do an excel formula or VBA to give me a true/false if the last
character is an alpha(letter)?