Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
p45cal[_121_] p45cal[_121_] is offline

Default Sumproduct forumla for complex sum.

DocBrown;490117 Wrote:
Hi guys, I appreciate your help on this.

Hi p45cal,

Your solution is working except that it doesn't pick up the $120 value
in
B5. In that case, the value 120 in A5 is found in col E, but since
there's no
entry in F3, I need that value to be added also.

I'm thinking of a MATCH or SUMIF or something like that. Any ideas?
Here's NEW data that has all the conditions, I think.

A B C D E F
1 100 $100.00 100 $300.00
2 120 $121.00 120
3 $75.00 130 $200.00
4 100 $25.00 140 $250.00
5 140 $218.00

The total should be:
Sum(F1:F5)+ ( B3 ) + ( B2 ) = 750.00 + 75.00 + 121.00 = 946.00
B2 is added because no value is in F2,
B3 is added because no id is in A3.

Note that all values present in A are found in E. Extra values may be
present in E.

John I have been looking, but have not yet seen the light. I urge you to

take up my suggestion in post#6 of this thread, it's probably the
quickest way. I'll have another look at it later tomorrow.

--
p45cal

*p45cal*
p45cal's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=558