Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
omer omer is offline

Default Unable to sort protected table

Hola,

I'm using Excel 2007.
I have an Inserted Table (not a pivot table) on a worksheet and have
autofilter on.
I protected some formulas on the table and then protected the worksheet with
the following command:

ActiveSheet.Protect DrawingObjects:=False, contents:=True, Scenarios:= _
True, AllowFormattingCells:=True, AllowFormattingColumns:=True, _
AllowFormattingRows:=True, AllowSorting:=True, AllowFiltering:=True, _
AllowUsingPivotTables:=True, userInterfaceOnly:=True,
Password:="password1"

The problem is that everytime I need to sort a column I get the following
message:

"The cell or chart you are trying to change is protected and therefore
read-only. Unprotect the worksheet by going to ........"

As you can imaging, this is not acceptable, since the whole purpose is to
protect the formulas being seen/changed by the user.

Any suggestions?