tobriant

You may want to put your expense constant in the first column, then
reference it in your calculation. For example, you may have A1=10.65
and B1=(10*A1)+36. Getting somewhat more complex, you may have
different constants for different ages, as you mentioned, stored in
another table. You could then use a lookup formula to find the age in
the table and return the associated constant. For example you could
have the age in A1 of some sheet, and have a table with constants in a
sheet called Constants (formatted with the age in first column and
constant in second and say 50 rows of data), then the formula in B1 of
the sheet may look like
=(10*(vlookup(A1,'Constant'!A1:B50,2,false))+36

I am trying to set up a database for life insurance premiums.
Basically, the
rate is 10 times the expense constant plus 36 dollars. The expense
constant
is different for each age. The formula I am typing in looks like this:
=(10*10.65)+36. The 10.65 in this example is the expense constant. I
am
trying to set up a table in which the basic formula (10*___)+36 is
already
entered, and when I click on a cell all I need to type in is the
expense
constant. When I use the format painter, I am still having to go into
each
formula, highlight the expense constant, and clear it out. Is this
possible?

--
tobriant
tobriant's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25155