bj

datedif does do total months
if you can stand using 30 days for each month for your decimal try

=datedif(date1,date2,"m") +datedif(date1,date2,"md")/30

if you want to be more complex than the 30 days per month approximation, the
equation gets more complicated.

"Jessica" wrote:

I am trying to find a function that will allow me to calculate the difference
between two dates. I want the answer to be shown in months only, therefore I
would need any additional days to be converted to a decimal. I tried to the
datedif function, but it does not recognize that the time span between months
may cross over multiple years.

For example I have the following:
Start Date: 04/15/02
End Date: 06/28/03

The number of whole months in between is 14, however their are also
additional days in between and I am looking to convert those to a decimal.
I know the difference in months