Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Multiple Variables' Declaration In Loops

You should be using an (dynamic) array. You would declare it like this...

Dim MyRange() As Range

then ReDim it to the correct size after you know how big to make it (that
is, after the Counter variable is set). Then you use the loop counter as the
index for the array. Something like this is what I think you are looking
for...

Sub test()
Dim X As Long, Counter As Long
Dim MyRange() As Range
Counter = Application.InputBox("How Many Ranges?", , , , , , , 1)
ReDim MyRange(1 To Counter)
For X = 1 To Counter
Set MyRange(X) = Application.InputBox("Select Range(" & _
X & ")", , , , , , , 8)
Next
For X = 1 To Counter
MsgBox "MyRange(" & X & ") comprised of " & MyRange(X).Address
Next

Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Faraz A. Qureshi" wrote in
message ...
Any idea how to declare multiple variables depending upon the times
looping
shall be carried on.

An idea may be grasped by my unfit CoDe as below:

Sub test()
Dim Counter As Long
Counter = Application.InputBox("How Many Ranges?", , , , , , , 1)
For x = 1 To Counter
Dim Range & x As range
set Range & x = application.InputBox("Select Range " & x)
Next
For Z = 1 To Counter
msgbox "Range "& Z " comprised of " & (Range & Z).address
Next
End Sub

Please help me out by rectifying the above code, or designing a similar
code
or referring to a site, for which I shall be grateful.

Thanx in advance.

--
Best Regards,

Faraz