Roger Govier

Hi Sige

I have emailed you directly with a copy of the test file I set up.
When I looked at it again, I found that the error I had created wasn't the
same as you described.

In my case, I have a column of Monday 5, a column of Tuesday 6 etc. as
opposed to the rows you described.

I then further amended the formula and the second sets of arrays I did the
opposite and changed "," to ";"
{0,1,2,3,4,5}*7+{1;2;3;4;5;6;7}-1)

I then pasted these to a 6 column x 7 row matrix (as opposed to the original
7 x 6) and the whole thing worked, except the dates incremented down the
column, then back to the top of the next column etc.

I guess it must somehow be due to the differences in the separator. I hope
the file I sent helps you to figure it out.

I have to say that Arvi's non-array formula works fine for me also.

Regards

Roger Govier

wrote:
My argument separator is ";"

Would it be possible to mail me a wbk. Maybe it sorts out that way...
Sige