Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Gary Varga Gary Varga is offline

Default Autofilter method of range class failed

Any chance of posting what the solution was?
--
Many thanks,
Gary Varga

"Scott" wrote:

I received an answer in a different post.

On Jul 22, 9:44 am, Scott wrote:
I have a worksheet that filtered on a cell that utilized the
validation tool and it worked fine with this code:

Dim r As Range
If Target.Address = "$B$2" Then
Set r = Me.AutoFilter.Range
r.AutoFilter field:=9, Criteria1:=Range("b2").Value

Now I added a combo box called ParentName and linked the cell to the
combo box. the issue I have is the code does not recognize a change in
cell B2. So I changed the code again and I get the range class failed
error.

Private Sub ParentName_Change()
Dim r As Range
Set r = Me.AutoFilter.Range
r.AutoFilter field:=9, Criteria1:=ParentName.Value
End Sub

Can someone see where I went wrong?