sweetsue516

Sandy,

That's it!!!!

Thank you!

It made things a lot easier once I explained it correctly.

"sweetsue516" wrote:

I have two rows where I need to show a yellow background if the top number is
higher than the bottom.

I have done a conditional format which works great until it runs into the
occassional cell that contains a N/A because there is no data to report.
(The cell is suppose to contain the N/A)

How can I hightlight the top row and bottom row it the top row cotains the
hightest number and have neither of them highlight if the top row has the
lowest or a N/A.

Currently conditional format is.

Formatting in C6
if c6=N/A no formatting
if c6 is greater than c7 yellow background

Formatting in C7
if c7=N/A no formatting
if C7 is greater than c6 no formatting
if c7 is less than c6 yellow background (this is the problem area, if c6
equals N/A it is reading it as less than)

Any suggestions?