Dave Peterson

I used column A to hold the units in both sheets.
I used column B to hold the ID in both sheets.

Then I insert a new column in Grp1.

I used this formula:
=ISNUMBER(MATCH(1,(GRP2!$A$1:$A$20=A1)*(GRP2!$B$1: $B$20=B1),0))

them yourself.)

Make the range big enough to match your data, but don't use the whole column.

And drag down the column.

If you see True, then that pair is on Grp2. False means that pair isn't on
Grp2.

manasi wrote:

I hope I posted this question in the right forum this time.
I am newbie here and is having hard time in doing this.
I have an excel workbook which has two sheets Grp1 and Grp2
within these sheets i have unit and id columns, what I am trying to do
is find out the combination of unit and id column which is on Grp1 but
not on Grp2 tab.
Can I use the Lookup function for this.Could you all please help?

--
manasi
manasi's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27411

--