Dave Peterson

Do the people with slow response time have lots of network drives mapped (or
lots of removeable drives connected)?

If yes, maybe disconnecting (keep track of what they were for later!) would be
worth the try.

Maybe reorganizing the files/folders to make the number of files in a folder
smaller would help.

Ruben Gonzales wrote:

One of our clients has a Peer-To-Peer environment with one of the peer
computer hosting all of the shared folders.
When the other peers try to browse to the shares using the "Look in:" option
(within Word and Excel) to open a word document or excel spreadsheet it
takes a very long time for it to drop down with all of the shares and the
other files and folder. We have tried upgrading the computers to 512MB of
RAM, We've tested accessing the shares from the run command and Windows
Explorer and they are very fast there.
Any help with this issue will be much appreciated.

--

Dave Peterson