Gord Dibben

neeraj

Try this macro.

Sub ProtectAllSheets()
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Dim n As Single
For n = 1 To Sheets.Count
With Sheets(n)
.Protect Password:="justme", DrawingObjects:=True, _
Contents:=True, Scenarios:=True
.EnableSelection = xlUnlockedCells
End With
Next n
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 08:41:02 -0700, neeraj
wrote:

Thanks, I downloaded the utilitity, it worked but I still have to go about
clearing the 'select locked cells' in each individual sheet if I did not want
my users to be able to select locked cells

"Anne Troy" wrote:

Try this:
http://vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=142
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"neeraj" wrote in message
I have a workbook say Book1.xls with 12 worksheets say Rep1, Rep2,
Rep3,...Rep12 for 12 different employees. These sheets are exactly similar
in
layout and format except data. I was able to select all sheets and 'lock'
and
'hide' desired cells in each in one stroke. But locking and hiding of
cells
dont come into effect till I protect each sheet. I want to password
protect
each sheet with the same password. Is there a way to password protect all
worksheets or the entire workbook in one go? The workbook Book1.xls along
with other workbooks would be shared on a network drive by a few
employees. I
see there is an option:Tools-Protection-Protect and Share Workbook. Though
this option from its name sounds like it would be able to protect the
entire
workbook, the menu inside doesn't seem to lead in the direction that I
want
to go in. If this is not the option to do my job, what does
Tools-Protection-Protect and Share Workbook do? Thanks.