Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Chip Pearson Chip Pearson is offline

Default Create executable file to run excel macro

I would use a VBScript rather than an exe file. Open Notepad, and
enter the following in the text file:

Set XL=CreateObject("Excel.Application")
XL.Visible=True
XL.Workbooks.Open "C:\A.xls"
XL.Run "A.xls!TheMacro"

Change "C:\A.xls" to the appropriate file name. Change
"A.xls!!TheMacro" to the workbook name and macro name.

Save the file as a vbs file, e.g., RunIt.vbs rather than a txt file.

Then, all the user needs to do is double click the vbs file and Excel
will start, open C:\A.xls and execute TheMacro.

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft Most Valuable Professional
Excel Product Group, 1998 - 2009
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com
(email on web site)

On Sun, 30 Aug 2009 04:54:01 -0700, Pawan
wrote:

Hi

I have written a complex macro in excel and now have to distribute it to
co-workers. However, I want to create an executable file which will run the
macro directly (will open the userform in my macro).

Is there any chance of doing so?

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Pawan