Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Diane Van Diane Van is offline

Default out 2 cents - auto rounding?

Thanks both for all the suggestions.

I thought I would be smart and use Excel instead of an adding machine
(yes with a tape and everything) and was surprised that the result when
printed or viewed on screen was incorrect. After I paid all those
folks I had only 99,999.98 left not $100,000, which is a little
alarming.

So I guess my main question is in the future how I can make such
calculations and rely on the results or at least see there is a problem.

I guess I could just put on several decimal points when calculating and
then could 'see' the issue.

I like the rounding too and will try that in the future.

I don't often have this kind of calcuation and I'm not that good at Excel

Thanks for all your help.