Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
pand0ra.usa pand0ra.usa is offline

Default How do I pull variable URL from one column and download theconten

So I tried using the code and nothing happens. Any suggestions?

On Aug 20, 3:40*pm, ker_01 wrote:
Set objHTTP = CreateObject("MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP")
BaseURL = "http://ipinfodb.com/ip_query.php?ip="
TempURL = Sheet1.Range("A1").value

* * * * objHTTP.setTimeouts 0, 0, 0, 0
* * * * * *URL = BaseURL & TempURL
* * * * * *objHTTP.Open "GET", URL, False
* * * * * *objHTTP.setRequestHeader "User-Agent", "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible;
MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0)"
* * * * * *objHTTP.send ("")
* * * * SourceHTMLText = objHTTP.responseText

Put in a loop to grab your TempURL (IP addresses) from your sheet. Use the
returned SourceHTMLText to parse out the data elements you need. This works
for some pages, but YMMV as web pages that have embedded javascript elements,
etc may not always expose everything on the page as cleanly as one might like.

HTH,
Keth

"pand0ra.usa" wrote:
So, in column A I have an IP address. There will be many different
ones. I am trying to figure out the easiest and cleanest way to do
geolocation on the IP using this address (http://ipinfodb.com/
ip_query.php?ip=166.137.132.16) and have it update the IP address
based on the value in column A then put the output into columns B, C,
D (or whatever). Ideally I just want to get the Country, State and
City fields from the XML output.

Here is the XML output from the site:
166.137.132.16
* *OK
* *US
* *United States
* *34
* *New Jersey
* *New Milford
* *07646
* *40.933
* *-74.0177
* *-5.0
* *-4.0

Column 1
166.137.132.16
72.15.195.84
75.215.119.92
76.111.15.57
76.93.244.254
96.41.34.184
72.151.49.155

I have tried the Get External Data From Web but I have to do each one
manually. Any suggestions?