Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Patrick Molloy[_2_] Patrick Molloy[_2_] is offline

Default Multiple options with multiple ranges

you could have one configuration table
column 1: sheet name
column 2: name
column 3: name's cell
column 4: range to merge
column 5: text message

your code would check the value of the names cell in each sheet - if it
matched the value in the secod column, the message is posted into the merged
cells

"Homer" wrote:

I have 20 pages in one worksheet working down. Based on the contents of a
cell in each page I need to be able to merge and insert text in a range on
each page.

So: Cell W8 contains one of many names. If cell W8 has the name Jim, I want
to merge the range M38:W42 and insert the text "Jim talks to much". If cell
W8 has the name Bill, I want to merge the range M39:W41 and insert the text
"Bill does something". If cell W8 contains any other name I will do nothing.

I can do this a few ways, no problem. But, if I want to be able to take each
page and have similar options:

Cell W65 contains Jim, I merge the range M95:W99 and insert the same text as
above. If cell W65 contains Bill, I merge the range M96:W98 and insert the
text for Bill. And so on down each page.

My first thought is to have a macro for each page with the different ranges.
There must be a better way, list boxes, combo boxes?????

Any suggestions would be very helpful.