bj

I suggest for this you use today() rather than now(). now() includes the time
so that now() ten minutes from now is not the same as now() now
but try
=index(start row 1 location:end of row 2 data,2,match(today(),row1data,0)-1))

"David" wrote:

In row 1 i have a series of dates in asscending order.
In row 2 I have values coresponding to the dates in row 1.
I am hoping to pick out the value in rows 2 that corrsponds to the most
recent date in row 1 that is less than todays date [ie <now()]
Any suggestions will be much appreciated
TIA
--
David