Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Per Jessen Per Jessen is offline

Default Determine if specific text is in a cell

Hi

Try this:

Sub ttt()
Dim LastCell As Range
Dim cell As Range
Set LastCell = Range("F" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp)
For Each cell In Range("F2", LastCell).Cells
If cell.Value = 0 Then
cell = ""
End If
Next

Per

"Jen_T" skrev i meddelelsen
If I may ask an additional question, similar to the previous, how would
write the code for the following:
Objective: I am looking to see if a cell value is equal to "0" if so,
remove, if not leave current text in that cell.

This is what I have for code so far:
Subttt()
Dim LastCell As Range
Dim cell As Range
Set LastCell = Range("F" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp)
For Each cell In Range("F2", LastCell).Cells
If cell.Value Like #0# Then
cell.Offset(0, 0) = ""
Else
cell.Offset(0, 0) = "F2"
End If
Next
End Sub

"Per Jessen" wrote:

Hi

This should do it:

Sub aaa()
Dim LastCell As Range
Dim cell As Range
Set LastCell = Range("P" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp)
For Each cell In Range("P2", LastCell).Cells
If cell.Value Like "*Grade A*" Then
cell.Offset(0, 10) = "Yes"
Else
cell.Offset(0, 10) = ""
End If
Next

Per

"Jen_T" skrev i meddelelsen
I have a worksheet that I would like to add a macro too.
I would like to look at cell, lets say "P2" and check to see if "Grade
A"
is in the text. if true then enter the value "Yes" in cell Z2. I will
then
copy/paste this lookup down in the z column. I know how to do the final
piece
but not sure how to check a cell if certain text is within text of the
cell.
This is what I have ,know this probably is incorrect.

With
Range=IF("P2"="*Grade A*" Then
Range Z2="Yes"
Else Not