Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Lman Lman is offline

Default external link to start excel form

insert the following into your workbook code

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
ActiveWindow.WindowState = xlMinimized
UserForm1.Show
End Sub

(where UserForm1 is the name of your form)

You should then be able to create a hyperlink to the excel file from within
powerpoint and when clicked on it will show the form but it should still keep
the powerpoint slide in the background.

Hope this helps..

"lorraine" wrote:

Through a lot of trial and error, I finally got an excel form to run (I'm new
to this). I'd like to start the form from within a powerpoint presentation.
I can link to the macro in excel to start the form but then have to run the
macro. I'd like to be able to just click on something from powerpoint that
will make the excel form pop up (automatically run the macro). Is there some
code that I can copy or is there another way of getting this to work?

Thank you in advance for your help.
Lorraine