Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Peter T Peter T is offline

Default Security Issue with Excel 2003

Ensure the Locked property of all cells in On
Ctrl-A, Ctrl-1, Protection

Select the cells user is allowed to modify, change their Locked status to
Off (Locked unchecked)
Protect the worksheet with a password.

Be aware sheet and workbook password protection is notoriously weak, that
said typically it's enough to prevent most users from tampering.

Regards,
Peter T

"Neil Holden" wrote in message
Hi Gurus, I have an excel sheet which is a master document that all users
use.

Once a user has completed the relevant fields in this excel sheet I have
created a macro which is a button, when pressed it will save as and the
user
then chooses where to save it too, after that the macro will hide certain
columns so that clients cannot see the hidden colums and save as again:

1. One excel sheet for our own viewing
2. Another for clients.

The issue which i have which is a major issue is the clients can un hide
the
columns but the trouble i have is that the clients will need to edit
certain
cells so I can't password protect the entire workbook.

Please help.

Neil.