Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
TomK76 TomK76 is offline

Default Using Macros to Write Links

Hello,

I am trying to use a macro to go out and pull data from other workbooks on a
server. The problem is that no matter how I try to do it, I keep getting the
explorer window to pop up and I have to point to the file manually.

Simply put, I am doing this:

Sub CallCell()

ActiveCell.Value = "\\USPSPS01\E-MOMO\...\[L1 21 2009.xls]1ST SHIFT'!$I$20"

End Sub

I am sure I screwed up the syntax above...but is there another way besides
using ActiveCell.Value or .Formula? Using either of these forces me to point
to the file.

I am just trying to get this simple code to work and then go from there, I
will use variables to enable the user to select specific dates and file
locations, but not before I can get this to work...and I have about 216 cells
I need to get data from in 10 different files, all of which are on a server.

Maybe this cannot be done in Excel...?