Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
WCM WCM is offline

Default Excel .xlsm / Vista / Speed Problem

Don,

That was it!! Thank you so much for your review. There were many
connections to other files that were totally unnecessary. After removing
them per your suggestion (Data Connections), the workbook saves in a flash
and opens just as fast. Thank you again ...

Bill

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Many links that went nowhere and defined names with non existent references
may be the problem.
--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Don Guillett" wrote in message
As I said, I'll be happy to take a look.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"WCM" wrote in message
Hi Jim,

Not too encouraging ... don't want to revert to 2003 as I'm now used to
the
many design changes in 2007, but this is first time I've had to run VBA
in
2007 - and like I say, run speed is okay it is the development that is
slow.

If I find a solution, I will come back here to post.

"Jim Cone" wrote:

For what it is worth...
MS is now bragging?
http://blogs.msdn.com/excel/
that xl2010 (preview version) handles charts much faster then xl2007.
It will only require ~twice as much time as XL2003.
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA