Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Barb Reinhardt Barb Reinhardt is offline

Default Excel .xlsm / Vista / Speed Problem

I know that things are slower on 2007 than 2003, but there may be some things
you can do to speed up execution. I usually add at least this to do that

Application.Calculation = XLCalculationManual
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Application.Enableevents = False

(above before code)
(below after code)

Application.Calculation = XLCalculationAutomatic
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
Application.Enableevents = True

HTH (some)

Barb Reinhardt
"WCM" wrote:

I am running Excel 2007 on Vista (2GB Ram / 3GHz CPU). I am working on an
.xlsm file with 6 short macros and 500 4-column rows of data.

Switching back and forth between the Excel sheet and the VBA code window
takes way too long (about 10 seconds) and saving the workbook also takes
approx 10 seconds. If I use Excel 2000 for the same work, it is extremely
fast - not enough delay to notice.

Nothing wrong with my machine. Anyone know why working on an .xlsm workbook
would on Vista would be so slow? Am I missing something?

Thanks for your help ...

Bill