Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
joeu2004 joeu2004 is offline

Default IP Address

"jaf" wrote:
As I said, IPCONFIG (in Vista) reported.....

Unfortunately(?) I don't have Vista to look at. But what you said was
IPCONFIG reports "link-local IPv6 address". That much is correct. Then you
added: "It's the MAC address of your PCs LAN card or CNR". Since that is
without quotes, I assumed that is your interpretation, not something Vista
reported. Am I wrong?

In any case, it is __not__ the MAC address. It is an IP-layer address that
is __derived__ from a MAC address in the manner that I explained.