Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Steve Steve is offline

Default Personal Ledger Problem

Here's my problem:

I am keeping track of my Deposits and Withdrawls in Excel, so that I have
up-to-date info on how much I have in my account. Currently I have it set up
so that when a transaction occurs I hard code in date, description,withdrawl
amt, or deposit amt and the the Balance Col contaitns the following formula:
=IF(D32&E32="","",F31-D32+E32).

The next objective I want to concur is that right now I have a check that
has not been cashed by the recipient. My only balance is off by the amount
of that check. As a check to make sure I have not missed any transactions I
want to be able to input my online balance into a cell and then have the cell
next to it automatically take the last balance number on my spreadsheet and
tell me how much my balance off by.

I was trying to do something with IF formulas using that if the balance cell
below it is blank then use the cell above it, but I couldn't get it to work.

Please help.

Thanks,

Steve