Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Chip Pearson Chip Pearson is offline

Default MACROS WONT RUN

Application.EnableCancelKey = xlDisabled

Be VERY careful with that. If you get into an unintentional loop,
you'll have to CTRL ALT DEL or TaskMgr to get out, and you'll lose
data and possibly corrupt the workbook.

A better approach is to set EnableCancelKey to xlErrorHandler. When
the user breaks, VBA throws an Error 18, which you can detect and take
the appropriate action. E.g.,

Application.EnableCancelKey = xlErrorHandler
On Error GoTo ErrHandler
'
' your code here
'
Exit Sub
ErrHandler:
If Err.Number = 18 Then
' break key hit. either
' get out,
' Resume to go back to the statement
' executing when Break was hit
' Resume Next to go back to the line
' after the line active when Break was hti
' prompt user for action then Resume
Else
' some other error

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft Most Valuable Professional
Excel Product Group, 1998 - 2009
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com
(email on web site)

On Wed, 19 Aug 2009 02:41:09 -0700 (PDT), dk
wrote:

On Aug 19, 1:28*am, JOSEPH WEBER
wrote:
I have several macros I use on *a daily basis and I tried to run them and
they give me an error of "Code execution has been interrupted" *Can someone
tell me why I could be getting this message? I didn't hit contrl break and
have no idea what else i could have done wrong. *

This happens most of the times when you offen debug using CTRL +
BREAK, you put the following line in your macro:

Application.EnableCancelKey = xlDisabled

to avoid this.

-DK