Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mr B[_2_] Mr B[_2_] is offline

Default Lottery Spreadsheet - Find data in a table and color it...

Howdy,

When Powerball gets up to the $200 million mark, we start pooling up money
at work and buying a bunch of tickets. I want to make a spreadsheet where I
can type in all the numbers we buy and then enter the numbers drawn and have
it calculate the winnings for us.

I figured it'd be pretty simple but don't know how to get started.

If I type in the winning numbers into 6 cells, I could then query the table
data looking for a match to those numbers in the sample data. Could I then
turn the background to red or something to flag them all?

After that can I do some sort of other lookup that would go row by row and
see how many red cells there are and count them somehow?

Any help and advice would be great.