Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
childofthe1980s childofthe1980s is offline

Default pulling just unique records

Well, I still need some hand holding. I know nothing of this formulaic syntax.

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Try trimming first

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"childofthe1980s" wrote in
message ...
Hello:

I am using Excel 2003, and I have three columns of data. Some of the
records of each of the three columns (a) have spaces between them and (b)
have duplicates.

Is there a way to pull out the spaces (i.e. the blank records) and
eliminate
the duplicate records?

In an attempt to filter out the duplicates, I went to Data...Advanced Sort
and checked the box "Unique records only". But, that was not correct.
Some
duplicates and at least one blank record remained.

Any help on this would be thoroughly appreciated. Thanks.

childofthe1980s