Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Koppite412 Koppite412 is offline

Default Parameter Query Refresh issue

Hi there,

I am using Excel 2007 to return data from my SQL database via MS Query.

Once the data is in Excel I am using a parameter query to filter out certain
fields, for example, I filter on my Customer Code field.

I have the parameter query set up and I am getting the parameter value from
a cell on the spreadsheet, which the user can enter dynamically. If they
want to view orders for customer 1005, they enter 1005 and these filter
nicely.

However, I cannot now show ALL the orders again AFTER this parameter has
been applied. I have tried wildcards in the cell, but obviously a * is not
in my Customer Code field, therefore no data is returned.

I have also tried emptying the cell, using backspace and delete, but these
do not work either.

What is Excel waiting for that would allow it to return ALL the customer
orders as it did in the first place before I applied a parameter?!?!

Thanks in advance.