Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
C C is offline

Default Data from 2 sheets to create a new sheet with user input?

I have 2 spreadsheets that contain information for monthly forecasting. We
update the forecast and current orders weekly. Active orders contains
monthly quantity data as shown below:

Active Orders.xls
A B C D E
Item Description Item # QTY-Sep 09 Qty-Oct 09 Qty-Nov 09
Widget Spring SP-1015 15 50 100

The second spreadsheet (product cost.xls) contains cost data as shown below:

Product Cost.xls
A B C
Item Description Item # Cost
Widget Spring SP-1015 $10.00

Is there a way in VBA or user forms or both to create a new spreadsheet that
would take the column headings and populate the item description and item #
fields then take the qty from Active Orders.xls and go find the item # in
product cost and multiply the qty by cost and populat the sheet based on a
user defined percentage markup. Such as below with a user defined percentage
markup of 10%:

New costed work sheet
A B C D E
Item Description Item # QTY-Sep 09 Qty-Oct 09 Qty-Nov 09
Widget Spring SP-1015 165 550 1100

I am not a programmer but have read some about macros and forms. Any help,
advice or guidance is greatly appreciated as it would reduce errors and
effort.

Thanks in advance,