Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Compare columns

I don't see how using VBA would help find an exact match if you can't do it
using formulas.

I'd look for differences in the data.

Debra Dalgleish has lots of notes on troubleshooting =vlookup():
http://contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html#Trouble

If that doesn't help, what are you matching on--simple text, whole numbers,
times, dates, fractions, long strings????

mathel wrote:

I've checked thru the Discussion group and found this subject has been asked
several times, but can't find something I can use.

I am using Excel 2003 and have a wb with 2 sheets - 'Exposed' and
'Transactions'. I need to compare Column A in ws 'Transactions' to Column a
in ws 'Exposed'. If there is a match, have the data show on the same row in
Column b on ws 'Exposed'. The number of rows on both ws can vary anywhere
from 500 rows to as many as 5000. I know the simple answer is to use
VLOOKUP, unfortunately, there are multiple users (and PCs) using this wb and
for whatever reason the formula does NOT always work and the data is being
missed so I am looking for VBA.

Even if the data in Column A could not be put into Column B, I would be
happy if the cell was highlighted.

Thanks
--
Linda