Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mo Mo is offline

Default Comparing values or text in 2 different workbooks

Hello -

I am fairly new to VBA and I have a question to ask. I need to write a code
that compares market value, market price, shares, and portfolio numbers. So
if for example market price in wb1 is different than wb2 then it should write
in a new sheet portfolio number, market value, market price, and shares.

It must do the following:

1. compare values in 4 columns in workbook1 to 4 columns in workbook2.
2. if values of any of them are different then it should write in a new
sheet the information in the following format:
Row 1: wb1 - portfolio number - market price - market value - shares
Row 2: wb2 - portfolio number - market price - market value - shares
Row 3: Blank
Repeat
3. if portfolio number is blank then it should skip this entire field.

I really would appreciate all the help! Thanks!