Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Don Guillett Don Guillett is offline

Default Run macro to update fields?

If desired, send your file to my address below along with this msg and
a clear explanation of what you want and before/after examples.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Erin" wrote in message
My user will have an Excel spreadsheet that lists all of our employees and
any current warnings they have. It will have the following fields:

EmployeeID
EmployeeName
OccurrenceWarnings
TardyWarnings
MissedPunchesWarnings

I would like to create a macro in another Excel file, a "Master File" I
guess, that would allow her to update all warnings based on the worksheet
enumerated above. For example, if the "Master File" indicated that
Employee A
had last received a "Verbal Warning" for Tardies, but the new Excel file
indicated that they were now to receive a "1st Written Warning" for
Tardies,
that cell in the Master File would be overwritten to reflect the change.
It
would be great if that cell could also be colored, so that it is easy for
the
eye to catch the updates.

Is this possible???

Thanks for your help!!!