Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Brian Brian is offline

Default Shape Change Event

Jim,

I got the following to work when I right-clicked the shape and put assign
macro.

Sub Rect1_Click()
MsgBox Worksheets(1).Shapes("Rect1").Top & ", " _
& Worksheets(1).Shapes("Rect1").Left

Brian

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote:

The short answer is no. Shapes do not have events associated with them. Even
if they did to move or change a shape you essentailly have to put the sheet
into Design Mode. When you are in Design mode macros don't run.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Brian" wrote:

Hello All,

I was wondering if it's possible to write an event based on a change in the
position of a shape. Let's just say, for simplicity sake, that when a user
changes the position of a shape, named "Rect1" that the new position of the
shape is displayed in a MsgBox.

Thanks in advance.
--
Brian