Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
CLR CLR is offline

Default Disable Change-event macro

Hi Bob......
Thanks for the response, and I understand the theory, but I don't know
exactly how to go about doing that. I can't add it before I do the copy
because there is already a real FormatCurrency macro in the mother
workbook........and I don't know how to do it under program control to the
child workbook

Maybe I'll diddle with some sort of additional IF statement to use a helper
cell value to allow or dis-allow the Change event macro. I was just hopeing
there was an easy way to disable that macro.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
Add a do-nothing FormatCurrency macro, then it will compile okay.

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"clr" wrote in message
Hi All....
I have a change-event macro on a sheet that calls another macro from
another module.....this works fine

If Target.Address = "$E$8" Then
Call FormatCurrency
Else

Problem is,
1-When I make a copy of that sheet, to save as another workbook, the
ChangeMacro goes with the new sheet and the new workbook does not have
the 'FormatCurrency" macro.
2-I then run another macro to delete entire rows from well below row 8,
and the ChangeMacro triggers and I get a "Compile error: Argument not
optional"and the macro stops on the "Call FormatCurrency" line . It
should not even trigger because I am not changing cell E8.

Any help or thoughts would be apprecaited

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3