Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Andrew[_9_] Andrew[_9_] is offline

Default Run file from VB in Excel

Ive used SelfCert Certificates for years on XP. With Very Little
Problem.

Each User Simply needs to Add the Certificate To its Trusted list to
allow the Macros to Run Successfully.

HTH, Andrew

"Alden" wrote in message
On Aug 16, 3:13 pm, "Steve Yandl" wrote:
Alden,

There are several different types of script files. Are you talking
about a
vbScript, javascript, batch file or some other type script file?
Will the
script file be generating information you want to retrieve or do you
simply
want it to run?

Steve

"Alden" wrote in message

I am hyperlinking to a script file in Excel 2007. I get a pop-up
warning asking if I want to open the file. I have read that you
can
"run a program" in excel somehow to get around this annoying
warning
pop-up. I am not sure how to do this though.

Another way could be to do this in VB. Unfortunately I am not
versed
in programming, and am having a hard time trying to figure out how
do this in VB. Anyone have any ideas. or can help me with running
this
"file" through VB?- Hide quoted text -

Yes Steve, it is a CMS (program) script file (.acsup). I have it setup
to dump the needed data intop a text file that Excel has a connection
to. I have continuted searching today and it appears that the only way
will be through a digital certificate. I tried useing a "self cert"
but that didn't work... I am not sure what it would take to get it
certified through my company, as I know that we can do this due to our
size, etc. We just don't have access to those types of things in our
branch.

Perhaps you can still assist? Thanks for taking the time to ask!