Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
lmzhuee lmzhuee is offline

Default Upgrade VBA code from 2003 to 2007

Dear all,

I'm working on a project to upgrade a excel-vba based program from
excel 2003 to 2007.

The program is a stand-alone excel file with VBA code, in order to
pretend to be a normal program, it hide all excel menus and disable all
excel functions, replace with its own menu.

It is easy to implement that in Excel 2003 throught controlling
Commandbar object. but for excel 2007, I found ribbon is totally
differet with classic commandbar, so I need some help.

What I want to do is:
Hide all excel menus, replace with my own stuff, make it looks like the
normal program.

What I already knew:
I found some articles in MSDN, which tell me that customUI.xml can be
used to modify the ribbon menu. I tried and it did work for ribbon tabs.
but still 3 buttons in office menu "New", "Open", "Save", as well as
list of recent open file remains

What I'd like to ask he
1. how to remove all buttons and list of recent open file on office
menu ?
2. Is it the easiest way to use xml file to customize the ribbon menu ?
if not, what's other possibilities ?
3. for vba code upgrading from 2003 to 2007, as I just start this
project, I am not aware of what kinds of problem I may meet, can anyone
share some general tips ?

--
lmzhuee
lmzhuee's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=683