Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Matthew Herbert Matthew Herbert is offline

Default Concatenation in MsgBox

On Aug 15, 2:12*pm, katjambor
wrote:
Excel 2007 - this works just as I expect it to, but I would like to do a
little mo

Sub HisSales()
Dim intSales As Integer
* * intSales = Range("O3")
* * Range("O3").Select
* * If ActiveCell.Value = 0 Then
* * * * If MsgBox("He has no sales this period.", vbOKOnly, "No sales!") =
vbOKOnly Then
* * * * End If
* * * * ElseIf MsgBox("He has " & intSales, vbOKOnly, "His sales!") = vbOK
Then
* * * * End If
* * End Sub

Cell O3 contains a CountIf formula which tells how many sales he has made
this period, and since he currently has 9, running the code displays a
message box that says, "He has 9". *I would like it to say, "He has 9 sales
this period." but can't figure out how to put more text after intSales.

katjambor,

You concatenated the first part, so you can use the same method, i.e.
"He has " & intSales & " this period.". Also, I'm not sure why you
have the MsgBox embedded in the If Then statement, especially since
nothing is done regardless of the outcome. You can change this to be
something like the following:

If ActiveCell.Value = 0 Then
MsgBox "He has no sales this period.", vbOKOnly, "No sales!"
Else
MsgBox "He has " & intSales & " this period.", vbOKOnly, "His
sales!"
End If

Best,

Matthew Herbert