Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
jswalsh33 jswalsh33 is offline

Default MAximum Lines Of Code

"Peter T" wrote:

There used to be reports that modules with 64k of code as text may cause
problems, personally I have never had a problem even with modules containing
somewhat more. I wouldn't be surprised if ultimately there's some maximum
lines limit (there is a characters wide limit).

However, it's generally not good practice nor necessary for a module to get
anywhere close to any theoretical size limit.

Regards,
Peter T

"jswalsh33" wrote in message
I found by accident that there is a maximum number of lines of code in a
single module in visual basic for Excel.

Is there a maximum number of lines of code for a project or for a
workbook?

Thanks for your help,

Jim Walsh

Peter,

Yes I learned that there is a maximum for a single module. I did not measure
it, but it was probably around 64K.

My question now is whether there is a maximum number of lines of code for a
project with many modules or maybe there is a maximum number of modules in a
single project.

Thanks for you help.

Jim Walsh