Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Nickis Nickis is offline

Default Setting references in VBA

I am trying to write code in Excel to control Powerpoint. I located some
information that said to enable Excel to interact with other applications a
reference has to be set to the other application's object library. The info
said this could be done "in the Visual Basic Editor (VBE), select
References... from the Tools menu".

However, my "references" is greyed out so that I can't select it.

1) Not sure why?
2) Is this the only way I can get Excel to Control Powerpoint?

All I'm trying to do is a simple copy paste between applications, problem is
there's a lot of back and forth and I can't execute the Powerpoint code
automatically (from what I've read online so far), so I think controlling
from Excel is my best option.

Thanks for any insight.

Nicki