Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
eliano[_2_] eliano[_2_] is offline

Default autoclick "ok" msgbox

On 14 Ago, 14:14, Dave Peterson wrote:
Not all messages to users need to get a response from the user. *I use the
statusbar to show stuff that the user may be interested in.

And lots of dialogs are redundant--I'm sure you've seen dialog boxes that allow
you to set an option to never see this dialog again.

But more importantly, not all code can be changed by the user. *The original
poster may not be the author of the code. *

eliano wrote:

<<snipped

Hi Dave.
Many, many thanks for the news, I use XL2003.
However I specify: [message no sense] because the reason to insert a
msgbox in a macro, means that a reply from the user would be
considered necessary.
In accordance with your first answer, no action required, no message.
Sorry for my poor english and regards
Eliano

--

Dave Peterson

Hi Dave.
When I speak of "messagge" I refer to Msgbox, not to some necessary or
useful informations for the user,
The statusbar is a valid method, but the opinion of many users is that
the statusbar have a low visibility and in case of long elaborations I
use to send informations directly in a cell of the worksheet, but
never msgboxs.
Thanks again and regards
Eliano