Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jacob Skaria Jacob Skaria is offline

Default References that move down as formula moves across - and vice versa

Do you mean the below demonstration..

Col A Col B Col C Col D Col E
1 = = = =
2
3
4
5
6
7

Try the formula in place of = in cell B1 and copy to right as required which
will copy the values from A1,A2, A3 etc;

=INDIRECT("A" & COLUMN(B1)-1)

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Michelle" wrote:

Hello, I would like to find the most expedient way to enter a formula that
simply returns the value from another cell... but when I copy it DOWN, the
reference moves RIGHT.

I would like it to work the other way too (if that's possible) so that if i
move it RIGHT the references move DOWN (could the same function work in both
directions)

I am interested in the best worksheet.function way of doing it, but also...

In an ideal world, I'd like to be really easy for everyone in my office to
use. Can I code a function to behave like this? so that it's as simple to
use as count or max?

Thanks

Michelle