Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Don Guillett Don Guillett is offline

Default Error 1004, paste method of Worksheet class failed

More

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Jim at Michoud" wrote in message
I often used a 2003 macro to eliminate formulae in worksheets, paste
special
values, and recorded the same in 2007. It failed with the above error
message. I simplified it to 'paste' and got the same result.

What I am trying to do...
Copy a range
Select a single cell, often the same range
Run the macro to paste only the values (similar setups for addition,
subtraction, etc.)

- I only run the macro with data on the clipboard.

Since all give the same error message, I reduced it to the following
code..

Sub Macro3()
'
' Macro3 Macro
'
ActiveSheet.Paste

End Sub

The macro will run and gives the proper result when I step through it.

Running it in Excel gives the error message.

Help?