Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Incrementing Column Values

They are only alpha values for your convenience... VBA sees them either way
depending on the method or property you are using. Here are few ways to
increment the column (I'll use a Select method to show it to you, but rarely
is it necessary to actually have to select any range in order to work with
it).

Set R = Range("A1")
R.Offset(,1).Select

or....

Set R = Range("A1")
Cells(1, R.Column + 1).Select

or...

Set R = Range("A1")
Range("A" & (R.Column + 1)).Select

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"William Wolfe" wrote in message
I am confused. Row values are integers and columns are alpha characters.
How do I dim the value for the column?

Thanks,

"Bob Umlas" wrote in message
Same way, and yes.

"William Wolfe" wrote in message
I can increment a row value by doing an experssion i = i+1

How do I do the same for an column value and does Z roll up to AA?

Thanks,

W. Wolfe