Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Creating folders as per date.

Folder = "\ShareDrive\"
On Error Resume Next
Folder = Folder & Zone & Aplication.PathSeparator
MkDir Folder
Folder = Folde & Year(Date) & Aplication.PathSeparator
MkDir Folder
Folder = Folde & Format(Date, "dd-mmm-yy") & Aplication.PathSeparator

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"Heera" wrote in message
Hi All,

I have created a macro and it generates a file from the data base and
it saves it on a particular location.

Now my problem is I want to save the files in the folders as per day.
I want a macro which should create a folder as I have mentioned below
automatically.

Zone (Zone will be available in the database.)
Year (If folder for year is not available it should generate
it automatically.)
Month (If folder for Month is not available it should
generate it automatically.)
Day (If folder for Day is not available it should
generate it automatically.)

File name will be combination of two strings and the user name.

For Ex: One file is generated with the name of TRS-BU-Jack.Smit.xls
on 13-Aug-09.
The above mentioned file should get generated in the folder of \
\ShareDrive\South Zone\2009\Aug\13-Aug-09\TRS-BU-Jack.Smit.xls

Regards
Heera Chavan