Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Formula to calculate exact months and days between two dates

K,

=DATEDIF(A1,B1,"m") & " months, " & DATEDIF(A1,B1,"md") & " days"

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"K" wrote in message
In cell A1 and B1 I have dates (see below)
30/05/2006 12/08/2009
In cell A2 I have formula (see below) which produce the result 39
months
(YEAR(B1)-YEAR(A1))*12+MONTH(B1)-MONTH(A1)

I am looking for formula which should tell me exact months and days
between two dates as difference in above dates are 38 months and 12
days but I don’t know how to achive this by formula. Please can any
friend can help