Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming
dza7 dza7 is offline

Default Creating a Calculated Field in a Pivot Table for same field

Hello,

I'm having a problem creating a calculated field in an excel 2007
pivot. Here is the scenario I'm dealing with.

* The data this pivot table pulls from has daily sales for a given
month.
* I've set up formulas to recognize if this sales data is from "This
Week" or the "Previous Week".
* I have a pivot table that shows me Sales for "This Week" and
"Previous Week".

I'd like to create a calculated field that will show me the difference
in sales from "This WeeK" and "Previous Week" but the only option I
have in creating a calculated field is to select the original "Sales"
field.

Is there a way to create a calculated field that would show the
difference for Sales for one week to the next? I've run into this
often and usually throw up a formula outside of the pivot table that
can simply do the calculation but I'd rather be able to keep this
calculation within the table.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Dza