Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Cerberus Cerberus is offline

Default Index on another worksheet

I'm trying to create a purchase order system. What I would like to do is
page one titled "Order" I have 3 columns; A (Department), B (Part Number),
and C (Quantity). Once the person fills out the required info they will
click on a "submit" form control button. What I would like to have happen
next is, the part number inserted in column B will index the same part number
in column B on the page two titled "Cut List".

I would like a message box to come up with the information from columns F
and G of the same row that was indexed earlier. Column F (Order Quantity),
column G (Need By Date). If F and G are blank I want "Cut List" column E to
have today's date, "Cut List" column F, the information from "Order" column
C, and so on. If there is information in Column F and G, I need then to have
the option of adding the quantity of parts to the existing Need By Date or
creating a new need by date. If a new date is required the information from
"Order" would be put into "Cut List" column J-L.

For the most part, I really need to know how to index a cell from one
worksheet and match the same part number on another worksheet and make that
row active. I could probably figure out the rest but thought if anyone has
done something similar I could just use your idea.

Thanks in advance for any help or ideas you may provide.