Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Gustaf Gustaf is offline

Default Double vs. Currency

I've inherited a project from another VBA developer. It deals a lot with cost (price) calculations, but I notice that the original developer has used Double for prices, rather than Currency. I've read that Currency should be used for money, but I'm not sure if and why it would matter in this project. The figures are up to 1 billion, and a precision of 6 decimals is enough. Maybe Double can handle that just as well as Currency? Wondering if I would gain anything by using Currency in this case.

Gustaf